Tuesday, November 07, 2006

False Prophets


I woke early this morning thinking of the false prophets in the last days that Christ spoke about in His word. (Matt. 24:24)

I think people expect them to be obvious, like, "OH, that guy! Well, I know he's a fake." The problem is that it's not like that at all.

Almost always, they will be ever so slightly off center, barely distinguishable from the truth, enticing, convincing, and by golly, they make me feel better! (Psalm12:1-4)

Sadly, they aren't "bad" people in most cases, just misguided by power, pride, money, or any number of manifestations of self. There comes a point where a breakthrough or decision has to be made where we realize that it's absolutely not about us.....Not even an inkling!

Anything, and I mean anything that puffs us up is wrong because our nature is so weak that we can't stop those feelings of self from creeping in. (2Cor.11:12-15)

I've always loved the passages concerning the Bereans. (Acts 17). They were being taught by Paul and Silas. Can you imagine? That's like Billy Graham, (or in the secular world), a famous actor coming to town. I mean, wouldn't we be hanging on their every word? Anyway; What did the Bereans do? They said, "great messages guys", and then they gathered together and poured over the scriptures to make sure they weren't full of hooey.

I've watched most of these people on TV or read their books. I always have my Bible open and ask God for discernment, and it's amazing how often The Breath of God is misquoted or used out of context. (Rev.22:18-19)

If we are in the end times... and even if we're not, read the warnings in His unfailing word. (Jer.14:13-16)

It's gonna sound nice, it's gonna seem easier, And it's gonna get more confusing by the day! (2Peter 2:1-3)
The paths will get wider and there will be more of them, but there is only one center, and there is no compromise.

No comments: