Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Get Out Of The Way


Have you ever noticed how we spend so much time trying to "get" what God wants us to receive?

We always want our miracle, but we don't get out of the way.

I recently read in 1 Samuel 13 where the prophet Samuel told King Saul to wait for him to return to offer a burnt offering to the Lord before going into battle against the Philistines. Saul waited the alloted 7 days, and when Samuel didn't show on schedule, Saul got nervous and took it upon himself to make supplication to the Lord himself. Because of his lack of faith, God's blessing was taken from him.
In another case, Abraham and Sarah were promised a child in their old age. They waited and waited, and finally, Sarah decided that she had the solution. Abraham should lay with her maidservant. As we all know, that was not God's plan.

At least in my life, I have found that every time I try to take care of it for Him, it only breeds frustration. It's only when I say, "That's it, I'm finished. I can't do it anymore", that He can do His best work in my life.

That's a key word there. BEST.

Saul still defeated the Philistines that day
Sarah ended up having the promised child, but there was and is a rift to this day between the descendants of Isaac and Ishmael.

God will still work through us, around us, and in spite of us, but to receive His best, we need to get out of the way.

No comments: