Tuesday, December 20, 2005

None of my bidness

"What you think of me is none of my business."

Have you ever heard people say this who want to believe it?

Imagine if you lived your life in a way that you did not care too much about how others perceived you.

What would your life look like? Would everything change? Would you laugh less often at stupid jokes or laugh more at the truly funny jokes?Would you tell your boss "no" more often and yourself "yes" more frequently?Would you be more honest in your relationships?

I was recently asked for my opinion of someone and I realized that it doesn’t matter what I think of them.Why is what I think of them any of their business?Who cares what I think?What matters is what they think of themselves.Do I posses the power and authority to speak for another?And the same can be said for me, what you think of me is really none of my business, right?

The problem with listening to others’ opinions about another is that those who are often the most verbose with their opinions are the least healthy and self-reflective.

So I think I’ll start my evaluation with, "what I think of you is really none of your business. So with whatever I say, take what you like and leave the rest."

What does matter is what God thinks of you and how you internalize who you are as one of God’s beloved children.

No comments: