Wednesday, September 14, 2005

This morning

I was talking with God on my way to work this morning and I was thinking of times when I've felt like my prayers were not strong enough to get an answer from Him. Isn't that silly? I mean, of course He wishes to answer our prayers... If, and that's a big word, IF it is in His will or if we are following His will, which to me is pretty close to the same thing. Then of course, I start feeling guilty... like, what am I holding out on Him about, or what am I not allowing Him to have total control of or me submitting to. God forbid I should be deliberate about it. At those times, I drive myself crazy because I slip back into those patterns of guilt and self condemnation. It's nice to know that someone's got your back when you're wallowing in those murky places. I pray for my family daily, and not just the perfunctory mass prayer, but sometimes even a pleading, supplicating prayer. I know my wife prays for me like that and I wonder if it's okay to ask others to make a commitment to pray for me daily. Strength in numbers and all.

No comments: