Thursday, September 29, 2005

Are You a Camel?

There is a Middle Eastern way to teach camels to become useful to their masters. The way it works is that when a camel is young, the teacher will continue to pile object upon object on the camel's back until it is so weighted down that it has no choice but to kneel down. The teacher then begins to take weight off of the animal's back. When the camel feels it can, it will rise up. The teacher will then tap the camel on the hump to kneel. Of course, the camel, being immature and stubborn will not readily kneel so the patient teacher will again pile burdens on the camels back, occasionally tapping on the camel's back until it kneels again. Eventually the camel kneels with just a gentle tap on the back and becomes a willing tool for it's master.
How much does this sound like us? If we learn to kneel in prayer and look to our Master for instruction, our burdens will be light.

Matthew 11:28-30 NIV 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

No comments: