Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Trials


Let's see if you are like I am. Most of the time I would say that I face trials and tests with a steadfast faith; an acceptance that this is His will and how can I learn from it. BUT, there are those other times when I wonder,(and wander), if there will ever be an extended period of time when I will have complete serenity. (I'm now picturing a Tibetan monk in a garden with water gently rippling down a stream, as a butterfly alights on my knee).

But seriously. Troubles are an unwelcome fact of life, but they can have value. Often what we wanted to avoid turns out to be the very thing we needed. God asks that we have a tender heart, a teachable spirit, and a yielded will.

Does that describe you?

I would say that I have some problems in all three areas.

Do we have a longing to always follow God's ways? Read Psalm 42:1

Are we willing to be taught by the "classroom" of His choice? Read 1Sam. 1:1-2:10; and John 11:17-27

Are we committed to His will? Read 2 Cor. 5:7; and John 15:5

No comments: